RE: garage car lift

To: "jeff m" <jmackd1@yahoo.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: garage car lift
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 15:14:42 -0400
I don't recall seeing any responses to this question although I think
there has been discussions of various lift options in the past. It seems
there are several different styles based on the planned usage (lifting
vs storage, footprint, technology used etc and the size and weight of
the vehicle but a quick look around (ebay etc) shows two-post lifts
starting around $1500 plus installation and it just keeps going up from
there. Used ones may be available from time to time.

I wonder if there isn't a cheaper route for those of us that just need
the car a few feet off the ground ?. assuming you could find axle stands
that would extend to say 3 feet, what means do we have to get each
corner to that height and could that be done in one transition without
something horrid happening to you or the TR ?

Stan