AC Install on TR6

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: AC Install on TR6
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 10:27:45 -0700 (PDT)
I haven't done this yet but once I get the engine work done and get the car
back on the road I intend to purchase a vintage air model (don't know which
one) that a couple of the guys in our club have.  The under dash elements are
different than the original but I need AC if I'm going to drive my car in the
Summer in Florida.  This unit uses a Sanden rotary compressor which everyone
says is light years better than the original piston compressor that was
installed on period 6s.  The compressor is supposed to use considerably less
(someone said about half) the power of the original.  The whole unit supposedly
costs about $1,300 for all parts and about $2,000 installed.  The Classic Air
dealer in Tampa (nearby for me) recommended by Al Salvatore supposedly installs
this unit in TR 6s.

  Don't take these prices to the bank since prices may have changed and my old
timers disease has affected everything else I can (or cannot) recall.

  Mike Lunsford