Re: Adding A Type OD to my TR250

To: "David A. Schenck" <davidaschenck@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Adding A Type OD to my TR250
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 11:10:00 +0000
From: "David A. Schenck" <davidaschenck@comcast.net>

> Second, my OD tranny doesn't have the shifter
> installed. I pulled one off of a parts tranny and thought I could throw it
> on the OD one but the two holes on the side for the pins to hold the shifter
>in the proper place don't seem to fit. The pins are threaded but the OD tranny
>doesn't appear to have any threads to screw into, just a clear hole. Am I
>missing something? Can I find the right pins for this?

Sounds like you have an earlier top cover. Earlier trannies, for example from a
TR4, don't have the pins that attach from each side and allow adjustment of the
shifter. Instead, they have a long, skinny bolt that goes all the way through
the top cover and shifter, and there are no threads in the top cover.
Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, IL