Re: Adding A Type OD to my TR250

To: "David A. Schenck" <davidaschenck@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Adding A Type OD to my TR250
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 04:54:57 -0700 (PDT)
David,

Yep, that's a TR4/4A gearbox.  I do not believe the
TR4 had a reverse light...sooooo you must drill & tap
the top cover.  Whilst you're in there you may want to
replace the selector shaft seals.  Typical place for
leaks.

Yes, the angle drive would stick out over the mount &
interfere with a standard four speed tunnel cover.
The overdrive cars had a plate, allowing for the angle
drive, that screwed into the tunnel cover.  Either
find a plate, make something, or get one of the more
modern ABS tunnel cover.

Cheers,

Todd Bermudez
CD198L