TR5?

To: jvannorman@wowway.com
Subject: TR5?
From: janah@att.net
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:22:56 +0000
Hi John,

"The TR5/TR250 & TR6 Companion" (yellow paperback book) coveres this anomoly
pretty well. Karmann, apparently unaware of the TR5 development efforts within
Triumph photographed a mock-up of their new design for Triumph and it had
center grill mounted TR5 badge.  Later this badge was changed to a TR6 design,
but not the one we are all familliar with.  There were a number of design
studies done for the grille badge of the TR6 before they settled on the
McWilliams concept.

The companion book is relatively cheap and it has a lot of nice unusual
comtemporary photos of the TR5/TR250/TR6 that we don't see every day.

John Cyg.