RE: horns

To: jrmcarthur@verizon.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: horns
From: "im sloane" <im_sloane@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 18:50:04 +0000
>noticed in the drawing of the steering coupler on page 364.that there is a
>jumper wire going from the bottom of the steering wheel shaft to the top of
>the steering rack shaft through the rubber flex joint. If this wire is
>ABSENT, would this cause the horns to not function?

I believe missing this wire would cause the horns to not work.

Also, when replacing my wiring harness, I came across a black wire with a
large O connector that I didn't know where to put. When I realized it would
reach down to the steering rack, and connect to a bolt on the top of it, my
steering column had true ground for the first time ever, and my horns have
worked perfectly ever since. The horn button has to get ground from the
steering column, and I could never figure why my column had a slight ground
sometimes and none at others.

BEEP BEEP!

Sloane :)
69'Six