Falcon muffler problems

To: Six Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Falcon muffler problems
From: Rod Anderson <rod_anderson_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 05:56:18 -0700 (PDT)
Listers:

I recently had a Falcon SS muffler system (AKA "sport system")  installed in
Old Blue.  I had this work done at a reputable local (Ann Arbor) non-francise
muffler shop.  Unfortunately, there is a lot less ground clearance than before.
 With two people in the car the muffler scrapes the road on some bumps.  The
muffler people say they may be able to get another inch or so by running some
new pipes from the center back.  This will help, but might not be enough,
especially with a full load.  They tried to tell me that the rear end was
sagging, but I don't think this is the case.

Anyone else have problems with ground clearance with the Falcon mufflers?  If
so, how did you resolve it?

As always, many thanks for comments.  This list is wonderful!

Rod Anderson
1974 TR6 CF18407U