Re: Cylinder head oil leak Part II

To: JOHN JOHNSON <john70350@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Cylinder head oil leak Part II
From: Don Erickson <derick@zeni.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 22:40:51 -0500 (CDT)
On Mon, 17 Jul 2006, JOHN JOHNSON wrote:

> NOW IF ANYONE HAS A GOOD IDEA FOR GETTING
> A HEAD UNSTUCK FROM THE BLOCK LET ME KNOW.

I just had to deal with this.  The surface of the head where the
intake/exhaust manifolds bolt up sticks out about 1/2" past the engine
block.  Place the end of an approximately 30 inch wooden 2x4 against this
"manifold boss", the board will fit between the motor mount and the
steering rack.  Then, whack the other end of the 2x4 from underneath the
car with a 3 pound hand sledge.

This technique would have saved me a few hours, had I tried it first.

Photo here: http://www.zeni.net/~derick/stubbornhead.php

Regards,

-Don CF17865U(O added)