RE: Falcon muffler problems

To: Rod Anderson <rod_anderson_99@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Falcon muffler problems
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 14:08:21 -0600
>===== Original Message From Rod Anderson <rod_anderson_99@yahoo.com> =====
>Listers:
>
>I recently had a Falcon SS muffler system (AKA "sport system")  installed in
Old Blue.  I had this work done at a reputable local (Ann Arbor) non-francise
muffler shop.  Unfortunately, there is a lot less ground clearance than
before.  With two people in the car the muffler scrapes the road on some
bumps.  The muffler people say they may be able to get another inch or so by
running some new pipes from the center back.  This will help, but might not be
enough, especially with a full load.  They tried to tell me that the rear end
was sagging, but I don't think this is the case.

>Anyone else have problems with ground clearance with the Falcon mufflers?  If
so, how did you resolve it?

The Falcon Sport system will most likely be a bit lower than stock even if
they can give you another inch. My car is lowered 1.5 inches from stock and I
only have rubbing problems with the mufflers (sports system) when I also have
frame rubbing problems. I have to cross many speed bumps at extreme angles so
I try to plan alternate routes when necesarry.

Shawn J. Loseke
Fort Collins, CO
http://www.triumphowners.com/79   (1972 TR6)
http://www.triumphowners.com/690  (1978 TR8)