Re: Triumphtune valve cover

To: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumphtune valve cover
From: RICK ORTHEN <peketzu@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 07:35:04 -0700 (PDT)
Jim,

  Sounds like you got a badly made repro; I bought my NOS Triumphtune cover on
ebaY a few years back and it was in excellent condition.  You will need to make
your own cork gasket as the stock one is too thick and is very difficult to
position (the Triumphtune cover flange is completely flat) for no leaks.  Also,
there is no baffle on the inlet side of the cover vent tube as there is on the
stock cover, so you'll get more oil mist giong to the carbs.

  Rick O.