Re: Triumphtune valve cover

To: RICK ORTHEN <peketzu@verizon.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumphtune valve cover
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 08:13:26 -0700 (PDT)
I did notice that the new cover has no baffle. How important is that?

  I had no problem using the stock cork gasket. I washed the cover thoroughly
and dried it. I applied a thin bead of Permatex blue to the cover, carefully
positioned the gasket, turned it over and let it cure overnight with weight on
the cover. Before installing the cover I applied a very small amount of
Permatex to the bottom of the gasket and snugged it down lightly and let it
cure for 12 hours. I snugged down a little more before driving the car. So far
no leaks or cloud of oil in the motor.

  Jim

RICK ORTHEN <peketzu@verizon.net> wrote:
    Jim,

  Sounds like you got a badly made repro; I bought my NOS Triumphtune cover on
ebaY a few years back and it was in excellent condition.  You will need to make
your own cork gasket as the stock one is too thick and is very difficult to
position (the Triumphtune cover flange is completely flat) for no leaks.  Also,
there is no baffle on the inlet side of the cover vent tube as there is on the
stock cover, so you'll get more oil mist giong to the carbs.

  Rick O.