RE: Seat rails

To: "John VanNorman" <jvannorman@wowway.com>
Subject: RE: Seat rails
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 10:25:02 -0700
        John:

        That was probably me. The rails themselves can only be installed
parallel since they are tied together. The rail mounting BOLTS do not go
in the way you would expect, and as I recall the bolts on one rail do
not go in the same locations as on the other rail. This is from memory,
so take it with a grain of salt.
        What I DO remember clearly is that when the seat is attached to
the rails, the seat does not end up parallel with the rails. It is
rotated slightly. If you attach the seat so that it is parallel to the
seat rails, the seat will not travel back fully, as it will hit the door
pillar and stop.
        The trick is to observe the seat to rail attachment points on
the seat frame. There are two bolt holes on each frame location where
you can attach it to the rails. For the side of the seat closest to the
transmission, you use the rearmost mounting hole. For the side of the
seat nearest the door, you use the forward most hole on the seat frame.
This "twists" the seat a few degrees, just enough that it clears the
door pillar.
        If you didn't know this, you might be tempted to use the forward
most holes on both sides to locate the seat rearward an additional
1/2-3/4". Ask me how I know.

        Vance