Re: Seat rails

To: jvannorman@wowway.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seat rails
From: MTRsix71@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 02:36:54 EDT
John,

The seat runners driver and passenger on my  1971 are identical but are
mounted differently on drivers vs. passenger side.  Same for the seat mounting
as
well as there are  two holes on the front seat frame. The rear  mounting bolts
for the seat runner has two holes  and you have to get it right, however, the
front is only one hole per  side.

Driver seat runner:
The outer rear  bolt on the runner should be in the front hole. The inner
rear bolt on the  runner should be in the rear hole.

Driver seat mounting:
The outer bolt attaching the seat should be in the front hole.  The inner
bolt  attaching the seat should be in the rear  hole.

Passenger runner:
The outer rear bolt on the runner should be in  the front hole. The inner re
ar bolt on the runner should be in the rear  hole.

Passenger seat mounting:
The outer  bolt attaching the seat should be in the front  hole. The inner
bolt attaching the seat should be  in the rear hole.

The mis matching of the mounting holes adds enough  angle to the runner and
seat to allow proper  clearance for the side tilt up lever to the B-post.

Cheers! MRankin