Reply to thrust washer question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Reply to thrust washer question
From: Bruce Simms <brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 14:01:37 -0400 (EDT)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 19:37:43 -0400
From: "Cary Henry" <caryhenry@hotmail.com>
Subject: Thrust Washers

I measured the crank shaft movement today, and got ~0.010-0.013.  The
spec'd
movement in the Bentley manual is 0.006-0.008.  Does this mean that I
should
get the 0.005 oversized thrust washers, or would a new set of regular
size
work?
Thanks,
Cary

  I just went through this.  I had about the same  .010 - .013.   I brought in
both std and .05 oversize.  Ended up only replacing one of the existing thrust
washers, the rear one,  with a new std size to bring it in spec.  Replacing
both washers with new ones gave me a bit tighter spec than the manual
specified.  Maybe that would have been okay.  Dunno.

  You have to play around with this to get it right.  The thrust washers are
not expensive too bring in.  I now have 1 std size and oversize ones for next
time.

  YMMV

  Bruce Simms

All new Yahoo! Mail