RE: ebay buyer protection

To: "Alan Salvatore" <6parts@charter.net>
Subject: RE: ebay buyer protection
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:51:40 -0700
 Alan:

        I have heard of "escrow" which is where a third party holds the
money until everyone is happy. Is that what you are referring to?
        As for the buyer "protection" that eBay offers to protect
against fraud, it is all but useless because unless the vehicle is never
actually delivered, eBay's liability limitations are such that you have
no recourse. If the car shows up as a pile of rusty cornflakes in a box,
eBay is off the hook.

        Vance