RE: horn blowing fuses

To: <Lizirbydavis@cs.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: horn blowing fuses
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 08:16:21 -0700
        Joe:

        The important thing is to be systematic in your trouble
shooting. It is impossible to give much in the way of specifics since
your wiring is so non-standard.
        I would first disconnect the connections at the horns, install a
fresh fuse and see if it still blows. If not, you know one of the horns
is bad. You can then them isolate one at a time to see which one is
misbehaving.
        If the fuse still blows, disconnect the coil on the horn relay,
install a fresh fuse and try again. If it still blows, you have a
problem between the horn button and the relay. If not, try replacing the
relay.

        That is all I can suggest. That and a volt/ohm meter to look for
shorts.

        Vance