RE: horn blowing fuses

To: Lizirbydavis@cs.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: horn blowing fuses
From: "im sloane" <im_sloane@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 18:59:47 +0000
Joe,
Not an electrician, but had good luck with trial and error. Horn relay get's
ground from horn-button. Relay getting ground then sends +12v to the horns.
You should be able to identify the wires on the relay, unhook and 'test
touch' them to send the +12v feed for the relay directly to the horns,
bypassing the relay. If new fuse blows, the problem is down stream.
Otherwise, with horns unhooked, +12v reconnected to relay, and test light on
terminal for horns,  horn-button should make test light glow. If fuse blows,
sounds like bad relay.

There's really nothing magic about the whole horn system. Steering column
must have ground, horn-push must provide ground to relay when pushed, relay
must have constant +12v and operate, horns must have ground and good
connection for +12v from relay, horns must work.

Beep Beep!
Sloane :)
69-Six