Re: Installing overdrive switch

To: Jay Snable <jsnable@mac.com>,
Subject: Re: Installing overdrive switch
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 05:22:28 -0700 (PDT)
Jay,

I think it's worthwhile.  A pain, but worthwhile:-)

Yes, you install the switch in the escutcheon and run
the wires under the steering colum along with the turn
signal, horn, & dimmer switches.  Sounds easy right:-)

Figure on pulling the large gauges in order to get the
dash pulled up & away from the colum because, IMHO,
the colum needs to be pulled up in order to fish the
wires through.  You'll need to remove the bracket that
holds the steering colum in place...just behind the
metal dash support.  That's all there is to it really.

Oh, secure the glove box door...when pulling the dash,
the door will flop open & we all know how difficult it
is to find the little PLASTIC check straps.

There is supposed to be a wiring harness to go from
the colum switch over to the harness that goes to the
gearbox.  That harness is green &
green/brown...green/brown being the reverse lights.  I
think the colum switch is yellow/green & black.  The
harness behind the dash(2 wires) is yellow/green &
green I believe.

You'll need the overdrive harness that will go down to
the gearbox/overdrive as well.

Follow the wiring diagram.  This is from memory:-)

Cheers,

Todd Bermudez
CD198L
CF25768UO