Re: [TR] rear axle removal

To: "james mc arthur" <jrmcarthur@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: [TR] rear axle removal
From: "Jeff Nathanson" <jeffn@msystech.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 20:09:14 -0400
Jim,

    I did the same job last night following the steps outlined in Bentley's.
The only problem I had was to move the upper
spring for the brake to get at the nut. Once the 4 bolts are removed from
the differential, the inner
portion of the axle SHOULD be free and rotate around the axis of the inner
u-joint. Did you remove all (4)
the bolts? I'd find out where it is binding --- it's either at the
differential or at the wheel housing. If the inner axle
does not separate from the differential, then spray some penetrating oil
there....wait....and tap gently with a rubber
mallet.

Jeff N.
'72 TR6