RE: External Oil Feed

To: "John Mitchell" <jmitch@snet.net>,
Subject: RE: External Oil Feed
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 07:54:50 -0700
        John:

        First let me say that I have no experience with the external oil
line, so you may want to delete my blathering immediately, rather than
bothering to read any further...
        OK, I guess you are still reading. I would remove the oil line
altogether. If you need to restrict, what is the point? Isn't the stock
oiling system already functioning like an external line that is
restricted? I guess I don't see the point have having an external line
only to throttle it back so that it behaves like the stock setup...
        Your note is consistent with many on the list. While some people
seem to have no problems with them (early vs. late cylinder heads?) many
do have issues. Sounds like you are one of the latter.

        Cheers,

        Vance