RE: Vacuum Retard

To: "TR6 List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Vacuum Retard
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 12:45:06 -0400
As far as I know the vacuum retard was introduced to reduce the
emissions at idle. It can be removed and the idle adjusted to
compensate. There are some that say it does no harm since it plays no
role off idle and results in a smoother idle anyway so leave it alone. I
took it off along with all of the other narrow tubing related
paraphernalia and replaced the dizzy with an older model with vacuum
advance and I'm not unhappy with the result.

Stan