WAS Re: Euro auto fest... Off-Topic Sky Red Line

To: John Hauser <jrhauser@earthlink.net>
Subject: WAS Re: Euro auto fest... Off-Topic Sky Red Line
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 15:12:28 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 14 Sep 2006, John Hauser wrote:

> Saw my first Saturn Sky Redline last week.  I was impressed at the design
> and cost (less than $30,000).

... they go like stink too. An SCCA Solo proposal classes them in A Stock
which is currently old Vettes (C4), Honda S2000 and Porsche 993 and some
other "fast company".

Anyone want to buy an Ion Redline? Naught to 60 in 6.1 seconds!

The only problem with the Sky is that the dealers in "megalopolis" seem to
think that because they will be produced in "limited numbers" that there's
a "demand" for them, so they're marking them up with goofy options.

As the song says: when will they ever learn? when will they eh-eh-ver
learn?

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489