Re: Wiper Switch

To: "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>,
Subject: Re: Wiper Switch
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:17:01 +0000
From: "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>

> My Clear Hooters Switch is melted (big surprise). Should I:
>
> a.) try to repair it?
> b.) find another one of these hen's teeth?
> c.) buy the Lucas switch and enlarge the metal dash opening?
>
> Has anybody use the Lucas in place of the Clear Hooters? Was it difficult to
>install? Does it look good? Does it work well?

The oem Clear Hooters switch was the subject of a safety recall in the 70's,
and the recall supplied a (believe it or don't) Lucas switch as the superior
replacement. And in fact, it IS a better switch. But, it requires that the dash
opening both in the wood dash and in the steel underdash be relieved a bit as
the Lucas switch is a little wider. All of that was done by the dealer when the
car was brought in for the recall. I'm the original owner of my car, and
somehow my car missed the recall. When my Clear Hooters switch melted, I was
able to easily do the conversion myself.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, IL