RE: Wiper Switch

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wiper Switch
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:33:57 -0400
Question... the wiper switch on my 74.5 is very hard to turn in order to
get the wipers to come on. There is so much resistance that the switch
is more inclined to rotate in the dash than turn on although there is
enough resistance that it eventually flips the switch on. The behavior
for turning the wipers off is similar. It has always been like this for
as long as I remember (20+ years) but since I don't drive much in the
rain it has never gotten beyond irritating. A spare I picked up on ebay
is the same.

Is this symptomatic of one switch or the other and is it something I can
fix ?

Stan