Re: tool kit

To: SamuelsMA@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tool kit
From: Ed Bratt <bratt@sasktel.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:26:55 -0600
Michael:

I have a small box that a socket set came in that I carry in my car with the
following items:

Flashlight - AA battery 3 cell LED
Roll of 'mechanics' wire
Fuses
Spare light bulbs
Electrical tape
Crescent wrench
Set of open end wrenches 3/8 to 7/8
7/16, 1/2, 9/16, and 5/8 combination wrenches
Small 3/8 drive socket set - drive handle, extention, 3/8 to 7/8 sockets
Vise Grips
Hammer
Chisel
Punch
Pliars
Philips and flat screwdrivers
Some screws
A few odd nuts and bolts

I carry a similar kit in my truck.  Once I pulled out to pass a truck, and
my throttle stuck open.  I rocketed past him, and had to cut ignition to
slow down.  He must have thought I was a nut case, because I regulated my
speed by turning the ignition on and off until I got to an exit.  Once off
the highway, I parked, and with my small box of tools I dismantled the
carburetor to remove a piece of air filter gasket that had jammed the
venturi open.

Without my tools I would have been looking for a tow truck.

Ed  Bratt
1976 TR6