RE: [6pack] Carb adjusting screw retaining clip.

To: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>, "John VanNorman"
Subject: RE: [6pack] Carb adjusting screw retaining clip.
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 08:24:27 -0700
        Dick:

        I agree whole heartedly that this is not the place to look for a
substitute. The washer is spring steel, not plain steel, so the odd of a
substitute being satisfactory are small. You need this washer to
function properly, or the carburetor will not hold a mixture adjustment.

        If the carb is not holding dashpot oil, then the orings on the
needle assembly need to be replaced. Those *can* be sourced from the
hardware store - the Buna orings typically stocked are fully compatible
with both oil/gas and brake fluid.

        Vance