Re: [6pack] Gunst Bearing compatibility with Sachs clutch

To: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>, Bob Rochlin
Subject: Re: [6pack] Gunst Bearing compatibility with Sachs clutch
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 12:37:40 -0700 (PDT)
Bob,

Greg Donegan is/has been using the Gunst/w the Sachs
PP & B&B driven plate.  I know as I added the PP &
driven plate to my order.  This was a few years back &
I know for a fact that Greg has put plenty of miles on
his car.

His squealing/chirping went away immediately and has
NOT returned...and NO PRELOAD.

Cheers,

Todd Bermudez
CD198L
CF25768UO

--- Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net> wrote:

>  Bob---I have never used the Sachs with the Gunst,
> but if your info says
> this pressure plate is compatible with the TOYO or
> the RHP bearing, the
> Gunst bearing should work as well.
>
> Dick
>
> r_rochlin@hotmail.com(Bob Rochlin)
>
> I appreciate the response to my email re: Luc
> clutches. From the
> response I've gotten it seems that the softest
> clutch pedal is obtained
> by using the Sachs pressure plate and that the
> clamping pressure of the
> Sachs pressure plate is more than adequate for a
> street car. My question
> is, will the Sachs pressure plate be compatible with
> the Gunst T/O
> bearing I have?
> Is anyone running the Sachs pressure plate and the
> Gunst bearing?
> According to one source the Sachs pressure plate is
> only compatible with
> two T/O bearings, I believe Toyo being one (web site
> only gave stock
> numbers). Any information appreciated.
> Take care.
> Bob Rochlin