Re: [6pack] Gunst Bearing compatibility with Sachs clutch

To: forzion@maine.rr.com
Subject: Re: [6pack] Gunst Bearing compatibility with Sachs clutch
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 23:15:39 -0700
Dave---I'm fairly certain that the preload that Mr. Gunst wanted to be
used was not because of any clutch brand or finger configuration, but
because he felt that his bearing gave better service.  We know that a
good bearing can run full time with a light load on it, as evidenced by
the many bearings on the TR with such a load.  Whether it needs this
preload or not can be discussed till the cows come home. As of now, it
would seem that the Gunst bearing will be happy either with or without
the preload, no matter the clutch.

Dick

Todd;
"NO PRELOAD"?? You mean not every clutch brand requires that strap-and-
spring
preload setup to be used with the Gunst bearing?? That's [good] news to
me! I don't recall hearing that before. Now if I can just remember what
brand of clutch I bought from BP Northwest....
Dave Friedlander
CF25194UO