[6pack] trailer attachment points

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] trailer attachment points
From: samuelsma@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 11:45:37 -0400
When I take my '76 to the shop, I usually load it onto my auto trailer and haul
it with the truck.? Otherwise, I get all kinds of static from my wife about
having to follow me to the shop and wait while I talk to the mechanic, etc.?
When I do this with my Porsche race car, I just run the straps through the
wheels and cinch them down.? The Triumph wheels, however, aren't open enough to
do this.? So I used openings in the frame in the front (vertically oriented
holes about 4 inches across just behind the front clip).? In the rear, I really
struggled to find something solid.? I ended up strapping over a tubular
cross-member, but I'm really uncomfortable with that one.

What are the best tie-down points on a '6?? I want the car to be secure and I
don't want to damage it.? I use the typical webbed strapping.

Thanks.

Michael
'76 Tahiti blue
http://mail.aol.com