Re: [6pack] U-Joint Headaches

To: forzion@maine.rr.com
Subject: Re: [6pack] U-Joint Headaches
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:12:51 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 forzion@maine.rr.com wrote:

> Robert;
>
> And what, have you found, is the best lube to be using
> on the UJ, white lithium? Are some lubes more long-lasting/
> effective than others?

Def. not white lithium. Use an EP chassis grease. I've been using a
synthetic from Valvoline, it's black and gooey, but the oil NEVER
seperates out and when I push in new lube, the grease coming out looks
almost new. Great stuff. The old stuff would push out looking brown or
milky (from the water exposure). I reallylike the new stuff, it lasts!

Is it long lasting? I dunno, I've only put about 60k miles on the ujoints
in the street car since the replacement... come to think of it, that's
longer than the originals lasted! SO ya, that's long lasting.

> Dave

c ya,
rml
Consultant            MIT IS&T unix-linux-help |
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489