RE: [6pack] Rechroming luggage rack

To: "Dennis N Culligan" <dncullig@us.ibm.com>, <pbeckman@ameritech.net>
Subject: RE: [6pack] Rechroming luggage rack
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:29:28 -0700
        Dennis:

        Is yours one of the AMCO racks or a clone the AMCO?

        The reason I ask is that I had an AMCO which I removed during
restoration for a couple of reasons. First, the AMCO rack was screwed on
to the deck lid, necessitating holes in the sheet metal (ugh). Secondly,
when loaded, the AMCO apparently has a tendency to dent the deck lid,
and third it trapped moisture leading to rust around the mounting
points. At least this is what mine had when I bought it.
        The rack itself is stout, but the disadvantages were too many to
suit me and loading on 75lb would make me cringe. Besides I am a butt
man, and the butt on a TR6 is too gorgeous to mess up by installing an
obvious afterthought like a luggage rack. Yeah, baby! So I sold it for
big $$ on eBay.
        I had the holes on my deck lid welded and ground, and there is
no trace of the former indignities heaped upon my "screaming yellow
zonker". My question for you is: have you observed any of my complaints
on your rack, or was mine just a case of the DPO abusing the car?

        Cheers,

        Vance