Re: [6pack] valve cover question

To: Bob <yellowtr@adelphia.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] valve cover question
From: trsix74@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 11:34:07 +0000
In my experience, both can be good, pending how much you want to spend. But the
big difference will be in thr preperation. To paint, you need only to clean up
and prep the outer surface, place it on a flat surface and spray, preferably
with high heat temp paint.

With powder coating it will be neccersary to remove the steel wire packing and
completelt degrease the inside. Glass beading alone will not work. Mutiple
rinses are required to remove anything and all that will be detrimental to the
finish. Only once all is gone, then you can powdercoat and bake. The big issue
is, when it is being baked. If there is any oil left anywhere it will show up
during the baking process and the powder coating will not work. My knowledge
comes from a friend who had a powder coating business and did mine. 12 years
later, I still listen to the issues he had doing mine.