[6pack] J-type overdrive kit

To: "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] J-type overdrive kit
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 10:42:06 -0800
    Folks:

    Spotted this on eBay. If any of you are yearning for an OD, this is the
best deal I have seen on a complete kit. $850 w/free shipping. This would cost
you $500 more from Quantum.
    To be fair, John at Quantum does top notch work, and stands by his
products. I also happen to know that John's ODs are FULLY rebuilt including a
new clutch, which is often omitted during a typical "rebuild".
    Still, if these guys rebuild the clutch, or will give you the remaining
friction material thickness so that you know the clutch is not worn out, then
it is a screaming deal, and you will more than get your money back if/when you
sell the car. This outfit occasionally offers this deal on eBay, so perhaps
many of you are already familiar with this but I thought I would pass it
along.
        eBay item number: 320338329367

    Cheers,

        Vance