Re: [6pack] Clutch Pressure Plate

To: Steve Kirsis <sakirsis@consolidated.net>, 6pack
Subject: Re: [6pack] Clutch Pressure Plate
From: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:37:22 GMT
Steve---The Borg&Beck pressure plate might have the letters "AP" stamped on it.
Or maybe a Blue dot of paint. As I have said in past posts, I had no problems
using the B&B plate and disc with the Gunst bearing. (No "whistle" from the
cranked fingers, as Mr. Gunst feared).

The disc plate lining is around .060 thick when new. If it is less than half of
this, when measured down to the rivets, then it would be prudent to replace it
at this time. They're relatively cheap.

Dick