Re: [6pack] Clunky rear

To: 6 Digest <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Clunky rear
From: marty sukey <trmarty@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 12:28:00 -0500
I made up a set of drill / tap guides to allow for the repair of the diff
mounts by replacing the original threaded porting with a stud so you can make
the repair from underneath with the tub on. That is what Bob is referring to.
If any of you ever have a need to borrow them drop me an email.

Marty

> I just finished repairing the left rear mounting stud with the help of Marty
> Sukey's jigs. I have been working on the frame removing rust scale and I
> have examined all 4 studs top bottom sides and I cant find any cracks.
> After the frame is blasted, I will be adding the diff re-inforcement kit I
got
> from TSI + I will be adding other frame re-inforcement plates as I have seen
> on the 6 Pack forum. Maybe after blasting, I will see evidence of cracks.
>
> The odometer shows 45K but I don't know if it is true as there is
significant
> body rust that is in the process of being repaired.
>
> Bob
>
> http://www.team.net/archive
>
> You are subscribed as trmarty@hotmail.com

Want to do more with Windows Live? Learn 10 hidden secrets from Jamie.
http://windowslive.com/connect/post/jamiethomson.spaces.live.com-Blog-cns!550
F681DAD532637!5295.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_domore_092008