Re: [6pack] Clunky rear

To: mailkendall@sbcglobal.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Clunky rear
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 09:21:47 EST
In a message dated 2/16/2009 3:58:16 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mailkendall@sbcglobal.net writes:

I am most likely to get the clunk when turning while pulling away from  a
stop.

I had a real bad clunk in the TR250 whilst turning right from a stop at  a
slight incline.  If was so bad that Bev would look at me an say " What  the
Heck
was that?" No other real problems other than this one  clunk. Lot's of things
to suspect, wire wheels, axle splines and diff  mounts.

However, now that we have the 250 in pieces and the frame  sandblasted a big
surprise to me was that the frame was "all cracked  up" in various places.
Not just at the diff mounts which were  all gusseted some time ago, just tiny
little stress cracks in various places  all over the frame. Terry, my metal
man,
pointed them out along with the rust,  etc.  Going to take some time and new
metal pieces but my  frame can be repaired. I wonder if all those tiny little
stress  cracks played a role to create that big  clunk?

Cheers,
Darrell

**************Need a job? Find an employment agency near you.
(http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000003)