Re: [6pack] Resale value of a TR6 with overdrive

To: vance.navarrette@intel.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Resale value of a TR6 with overdrive
From: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 07:56:38 GMT
Vance, and those who may be interested in further comparing the OD tranny and
the 5 speed conversion:

If my car would've had the original OD when bought new, I doubt that I would've
thought about the 5 speed conversion. (My story on this is documented in the
6PACK Newsletter in Vol.XX11, Issue 3, Fall 2004)

The short story is that the original tranny had seen the clock go around twice,
and was mighty tired. The idea of replacing it wih a 5 speed was more
appealing. No more Slave Cylinder, fork/pin, shaft and rods to deal with. Just
a neat hydraulic t/o bearing, operated with a braided line straight from the
Master Cylinder. Couldn't be simpler. And the tall 5th gear was just what I
wanted!

Vance and I make a game out of trying to keep each other honest. I enjoy this!
I'm sure he does too.

Dick