[6pack] Removing Front Spindles

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Removing Front Spindles
From: Cris Hemingway <cris_tr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 17:05:45 -0800
Need some creative ideas on how to do this, as I have taken off the hub and
rotor, and as per the manual "tapped" the end of the spindle to release the
taper.

Knowing the British to be the masters of the understatment especially when it
comes to tapered fits, I have also beat on it with at 1/5" ball pein hammer
and a block of wood to protect the threads, not that I care about them, as I
am replacing the spindle.

So far no luck.  Any one out there who has a way that works without using a
torch?

Thanks in advance.

Cris Hemingway