[6pack] Changing out Springs

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Changing out Springs
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 13:26:56 -0700 (PDT)
Andy,

I have been experiencing front fender rub on my tires when they are at full
lock and I cross the curb when exiting my driveway.  The fenders have taken a
few lumps out of the tires and has slightly bent the fender causing the paint
to chip.  I am using stock springs on my 1970 TR6 and know the rub is because
the 205/65/16 tires are wider than the stock tires.  I also know some people
have the same setup but haven't had any rubbing problems.

To FINALLY get to the point I just finished putting 1/2 inch spacers under the
front springs which raised the fender about 3/4 of an inch and I don't expect
to have any further problems with the scraping.  I did notice that the
headlights now light up the overhead road signs even when the lights are on
dim.  I plan to pick up some 1/2 inch spacers and put them on the rear to
level out the car so that it is a little more to my liking.  So, to summarize,
you can just pick up some spacers,which come in several heights and put them
under your springs to more simply solve your problem.  You can get almost
any reasonable height this way.

Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR 6