Re: [6pack] Clutch/Transmission issue

To: Darcy_Hunter@Instron.com
Subject: Re: [6pack] Clutch/Transmission issue
From: Dale <tpdwinch@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 14:35:15 -0700 (PDT)
Darcy

>From things I have learned from Dick Taylor all things are possible.
One of things that this could be, since pilot bolts weren't used, is that the
trans settled a wee bit causing a misalignment of the input shaft and this
caused your hard shifting and engagement of the gears.

When you go to put
the unit back in try the following.

Remove the two studs into the block at
the eleven and the one o'clock position with bolts of the same size that are
about 4" long with the heads removed. The more shoulder length the better.
Then place the transmission on the bolts and carefully slide the transmission
into position. Tighten the nut on the center stud and put in the remaining
nuts and bolts. Once all are tighten remove the long bolts and replace with
the studs and thier nuts and tighten them down.

This is to get the
transmission into the correct position.

Then try what others have suggested
before complete assembly.