Re: [6pack] TR6 Age Thing

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 Age Thing
From: Bob <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 20:47:04 -0500
> They were always a poor man's sports car.  Maintenence was indifferent if
>  at all. When those guys married their girlfriends and she got pregnant the
>  TR6 just wasn't "practical" anymore.
>
> Nowadays in our area when you show up at an event, you can often find Chip
>  & Muffy sitting in the shade eating marinated melon balls.  When they talk
>  about working on their car, they mean "where to take it".
John,

This may be true for some of the US Iron and custom hot rod owners, but most
of the LBC owners I know on this list and the ones I meet locally do all the
work they can on their cars. The two items some owners dont attempt is
upholstery and paint.

I am on my 3rd restoration and do all the work I can. I farm out machine work
but try to do all the rest. My cars are by no means perfect, but they look
good and run just great.

When Muffy (actually Peg) and me drive to a car hop or show, we usually get
take out at a local restaurant or diner and sit in our chairs and have our
lunch and then take out a good book and pass the time reading and talking to
the folks.

BTW, what are marinated melon balls?

Bob