Re: [6pack] starter or ring gear

To: oliver <sumton@sbcglobal.net>, '6 Pack list' <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] starter or ring gear
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 07:12:26 -0700
        Oliver:

        How new is the starter? My inclination would be to do the starter
first, just
because it is so much easier than the ring gear. Besides, the starters seem to
be the things that go first - couldn't tell you the last time someone had a
problem caused by a bad ring gear.
        Not saying that a ring gear can fail, but since it has no moving parts
it
seems to be the more reliable of the two.

        Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.