Re: [6pack] Trailing Arm Pivot Bolts

To: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Trailing Arm Pivot Bolts
From: "John Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 07:42:57 -0400
Thanks Dick-

It is a long story but the cliff notes version is:

a.) I thought that since I am doing a frame off I might as well replace all
this hardware. I don't know how old or fatigued it is. There is a little
corrosion/pitting on it.

b.) I ordered from TRF and their blue catalog and the bolts that came are 4"
not 3-1/2'. I think this is a part number misprint in their book.  This is
really irritating as it is the second time I have run into this. It is not
as though this book is new.  I think they should have corrected it by now.

c.) By the time I fill out my little form and send it back and pay shipping
both ways for a part that was wrong and then get the new part in, the
Fastenal store down the street starts to look pretty good.

My one concern about the grade 8 bolt is that I am hoping it is not so hard
they wear my suspension brackets.

Thanks Again
John Cyg