Re: [6pack] Trailing Arm Pivot Bolts

To: "John Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Trailing Arm Pivot Bolts
From: William Pugh <anabil007@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 11:19:24 -0700
I have found that if you want the best and most accurate fitting bolts you
should shop at McMasters.com .   They have every bolt, nut, imaginable and in
many different styles ... finally you can buy 50 bolts for the price of one
from the Big Three ...
                        Use this link to at least check them out ...
http://www.mcmaster.com/#

BTW they ship quick too.  I ordered allen head bolts to attach my toyota
transmission, got a box of 50 for $20 ... sent the leftover to Herman, he is
still doing me favors.'

On Aug 17, 2011, at 4:42 AM, John Cyganowski wrote:

> Thanks Dick-
>
> It is a long story but the cliff notes version is:
>
> a.) I thought that since I am doing a frame off I might as well replace all
this hardware. I don't know how old or fatigued it is. There is a little
corrosion/pitting on it.

> b.) I ordered from TRF and their blue catalog and the bolts that came are 4"
not 3-1/2'. I think this is a part number misprint in their book.  This is
really irritating as it is the second time I have run into this. It is not as
though this book is new.  I think they should have corrected it by now.

> c.) By the time I fill out my little form and send it back and pay shipping
both ways for a part that was wrong and then get the new part in, the Fastenal
store down the street starts to look pretty good.

> My one concern about the grade 8 bolt is that I am hoping it is not so hard
they wear my suspension brackets.

<tr6taylor@webtv.net>

unnecessary. The stock bolts are plenty stout! And no wear should occur here
anyway.

>> Dick

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/tr6taylor@webtv.net

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/anabil007@comcast.net

"Life is too short to drive Boring Cars"

Bill Pugh
Wallace, CA
Casper
1957 TR3