Re: [6pack] Negative battery cable?

To: "'Grant Kester'" <gkester@ucsd.edu>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Negative battery cable?
From: "Alex & Janet Thomson" <aljlthomson@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 08:40:18 -0500
Grant - I don't know of any reason why an insulated cable can't be used
other than asthetics. Just make sure to use the same gauge - I'm guessing
around a #2. I use 2-0 for all of my farm equipment. Also, be sure that the
body is well grounded to the engine block - all of the heater, light system
and other body related electrical items must pass their current through that
grounding system. Anybody who tells you "it's just a ground cable" is not
familiar with basic electrical fundamentals.

Alex Thomson