Re: [6pack] Negative battery cable?

To: Grant Kester <gkester@ucsd.edu>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Negative battery cable?
From: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 06:44:56 GMT
Grant---It is necessary for the electrical system, including proper battery
charging, for the battery to be grounded in two places...At the firewall (body)
and at the engine block. This can be done at less cost than using a factory
style braided cable, but with a bit more work. You can connect a 'parts house'
insulated negative battery cable from the battery to a clean bolt hole at the
bell housing. Then add a second reasonably heavy cable, like a length of
appliance wire that normally would carry 110V, from the engine block (tapped
hole at the back of the head) over to a clean spot on the firewall. There
should be tapped hole near the throttle linkage cross shaft for this other end.
If you make up this second wire/cable, use good, soldered "eye" terminal
connections at both ends of the wire.

Dick