[6pack] So quiet

To: TR6 <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] So quiet
From: Richard Lindsay via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 09:03:54 -0500

--000000000000cf8a2605a0f94a50

Hello friends,
   As Alex wrote, it is really quiet here. Perhaps this new flu has muted
our comments. Or maybe it's just quelled our desire to talk cars. I know I
have not felt much like twisting spanners....and I was supposed to be on a
cruise in Australia starting yesterday! Key words: supposed to be.
   I started my TR6 yesterday and it fired right up and idled perfectly.
That is, until it ran out of gas. I had put only a gallon of fuel in the
freshly reconditioned tank.
   My car is mostly done, with a little bit to be undone. A couple of
carpet bits on the driver's sill are yet to be cemented down and the
upholstered bulkhead in front of the fuel tank waits to be attached. Doors
and kick panels also need to be assembled.
   My efforts have been focused on the seats. Re-upholstery is time
consuming especially if left half done in anticipation of a holiday! I need
to get back to work on that! And I need to remove the seat back upholstery
from one seat for a re-do. The underlying foam is distorted in a place or
two. That's the re-do.
   I was given a set of four, 72 spoke wires with hub adapters and
knockoffs! My car has the more practical alloy slotted mags. They are
freshly powder coated and shod with new tires. I have found a source for
hub adapters that will fit my Volvo 1800E project car, so I may fit it with
these wires (and three-ear knockoffs, of course).
   I hope this note maybe fills a void and more importantly, I hope it
finds you healthy and well provisioned.

Rick, in far northwest Houston

--000000000000cf8a2605a0f94a50

e, it is really quiet here. Perhaps this new flu has muted our comments. Or=
 maybe it&#39;s just quelled our desire to talk cars. I know I have not fel=
t much like twisting spanners....and I was supposed to be on a cruise in Au=
stralia starting yesterday! Key words: supposed to be.</div><div dir=3D"aut=
o">=C2=A0 =C2=A0I started my TR6 yesterday and it fired right up and idled =
perfectly. That is, until it ran out of gas. I had put only a gallon of fue=
l in the freshly reconditioned tank.</div><div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0My=
 car is mostly done, with a little bit to be undone. A couple of carpet bit=
s on the driver&#39;s sill are yet to be cemented down and the upholstered =
bulkhead in front of the fuel tank waits to be attached. Doors and kick pan=
els also need to be assembled.=C2=A0</div><div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0My=
 efforts have been focused on the seats. Re-upholstery is time consuming es=
pecially if left half done in anticipation of a holiday! I need to get back=
 to work on that! And I need to remove the seat back upholstery from one se=
at for a re-do. The underlying foam is distorted in a place or two. That&#3=
9;s the re-do.</div><div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0I was given a set of fou=
r, 72 spoke wires with hub adapters and knockoffs! My car has the more prac=
tical alloy slotted mags. They are freshly powder coated and shod with new =
tires. I have found a source for hub adapters that will fit my Volvo 1800E =
project car, so I may fit it with these wires (and three-ear knockoffs, of =
course).</div><div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0I hope this note maybe fills a=
 void and more importantly, I hope it finds you healthy and well provisione=
rthwest Houston</div></div>

--000000000000cf8a2605a0f94a50--