Re: [6pack] So quiet

To: Greg Lemon <grglmn@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] So quiet
From: Richard Lindsay via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 13:45:41 -0500
Cc: TR6 <6pack@autox.team.net>

--0000000000007e5fc005a0fd3a3b

Thanks Greg. I too went to my shop today and glued down the remaining
carpet bits. Perhaps I'll get to the seats, or at least driver's seat so
that the car will be mobile.

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020, 12:36 PM Greg Lemon <grglmn@gmail.com> wrote:

> Richard and all,
>
> Lots of important things going on, but certainly a good time to be out in
> the shed working on a car.  The old adage that it is better than spending
> time at the bar or on the golf course are truer than ever.  I have the
> parts ready to put my Nissan R200 diff in the TR250, just decided to d
>
> Stay safe my virtual friends
>
> Greg Lemon
> TR250
>

> On Mon, Mar 16, 2020, 9:04 AM Richard Lindsay via 6pack <
> 6pack@autox.team.net> wrote:
>
>> Hello friends,
>>    As Alex wrote, it is really quiet here. Perhaps this new flu has muted
>> our comments. Or maybe it's just quelled our desire to talk cars. I know I
>> have not felt much like twisting spanners....and I was supposed to be on a
>> cruise in Australia starting yesterday! Key words: supposed to be.
>>    I started my TR6 yesterday and it fired right up and idled perfectly.
>> That is, until it ran out of gas. I had put only a gallon of fuel in the
>> freshly reconditioned tank.
>>    My car is mostly done, with a little bit to be undone. A couple of
>> carpet bits on the driver's sill are yet to be cemented down and the
>> upholstered bulkhead in front of the fuel tank waits to be attached. Doors
>> and kick panels also need to be assembled.
>>    My efforts have been focused on the seats. Re-upholstery is time
>> consuming especially if left half done in anticipation of a holiday! I need
>> to get back to work on that! And I need to remove the seat back upholstery
>> from one seat for a re-do. The underlying foam is distorted in a place or
>> two. That's the re-do.
>>    I was given a set of four, 72 spoke wires with hub adapters and
>> knockoffs! My car has the more practical alloy slotted mags. They are
>> freshly powder coated and shod with new tires. I have found a source for
>> hub adapters that will fit my Volvo 1800E project car, so I may fit it with
>> these wires (and three-ear knockoffs, of course).
>>    I hope this note maybe fills a void and more importantly, I hope it
>> finds you healthy and well provisioned.
>>
>> Rick, in far northwest Houston
>>
>> Unsubscribe/Manage:
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/grglmn@gmail.com

--0000000000007e5fc005a0fd3a3b

he remaining carpet bits. Perhaps I&#39;ll get to the seats, or at least dr=
iver&#39;s seat so that the car will be mobile.=C2=A0<div dir=3D"auto"><br>=
r=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon, Mar 16, 2020, 12:36 PM Greg Lemon &l=
t;<a href=3D"mailto:grglmn@gmail.com";>grglmn@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></=
div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-lef=
t:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"auto">Richard and all,<div d=
but certainly a good time to be out in the shed working on a car.=C2=A0 The=
 old adage that it is better than spending time at the bar or on the golf c=
ourse are truer than ever.=C2=A0 I have the parts ready to put my Nissan R2=
lass=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon, Mar 16, 2020, 9:04 AM Richard Lindsay via 6pack=
 &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:6pack@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noref=
ail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-le=
ft:1ex"><div dir=3D"auto">Hello friends,<div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0As A=
lex wrote, it is really quiet here. Perhaps this new flu has muted our comm=
ents. Or maybe it&#39;s just quelled our desire to talk cars. I know I have=
 not felt much like twisting spanners....and I was supposed to be on a crui=
se in Australia starting yesterday! Key words: supposed to be.</div><div di=
r=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0I started my TR6 yesterday and it fired right up an=
d idled perfectly. That is, until it ran out of gas. I had put only a gallo=
n of fuel in the freshly reconditioned tank.</div><div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =
=C2=A0My car is mostly done, with a little bit to be undone. A couple of ca=
rpet bits on the driver&#39;s sill are yet to be cemented down and the upho=
lstered bulkhead in front of the fuel tank waits to be attached. Doors and =
kick panels also need to be assembled.=C2=A0</div><div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =
=C2=A0My efforts have been focused on the seats. Re-upholstery is time cons=
uming especially if left half done in anticipation of a holiday! I need to =
get back to work on that! And I need to remove the seat back upholstery fro=
m one seat for a re-do. The underlying foam is distorted in a place or two.=
 That&#39;s the re-do.</div><div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0I was given a se=
t of four, 72 spoke wires with hub adapters and knockoffs! My car has the m=
ore practical alloy slotted mags. They are freshly powder coated and shod w=
ith new tires. I have found a source for hub adapters that will fit my Volv=
o 1800E project car, so I may fit it with these wires (and three-ear knocko=
ffs, of course).</div><div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0I hope this note maybe=
 fills a void and more importantly, I hope it finds you healthy and well pr=
n far northwest Houston</div></div>
rer noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.htm=
l</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer noreferr=