Re: [6pack] So quiet

To: Richard Lindsay <richardolindsay@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] So quiet
From: Greg Lemon via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 12:35:52 -0500
Cc: TR6 <6pack@autox.team.net>

--000000000000e722a405a0fc40cd

Richard and all,

Lots of important things going on, but certainly a good time to be out in
the shed working on a car.  The old adage that it is better than spending
time at the bar or on the golf course are truer than ever.  I have the
parts ready to put my Nissan R200 diff in the TR250, just decided to d

Stay safe my virtual friends

Greg Lemon
TR250

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020, 9:04 AM Richard Lindsay via 6pack <
6pack@autox.team.net> wrote:

> Hello friends,
>    As Alex wrote, it is really quiet here. Perhaps this new flu has muted
> our comments. Or maybe it's just quelled our desire to talk cars. I know I
> have not felt much like twisting spanners....and I was supposed to be on a
> cruise in Australia starting yesterday! Key words: supposed to be.
>    I started my TR6 yesterday and it fired right up and idled perfectly.
> That is, until it ran out of gas. I had put only a gallon of fuel in the
> freshly reconditioned tank.
>    My car is mostly done, with a little bit to be undone. A couple of
> carpet bits on the driver's sill are yet to be cemented down and the
> upholstered bulkhead in front of the fuel tank waits to be attached. Doors
> and kick panels also need to be assembled.
>    My efforts have been focused on the seats. Re-upholstery is time
> consuming especially if left half done in anticipation of a holiday! I need
> to get back to work on that! And I need to remove the seat back upholstery
> from one seat for a re-do. The underlying foam is distorted in a place or
> two. That's the re-do.
>    I was given a set of four, 72 spoke wires with hub adapters and
> knockoffs! My car has the more practical alloy slotted mags. They are
> freshly powder coated and shod with new tires. I have found a source for
> hub adapters that will fit my Volvo 1800E project car, so I may fit it with
> these wires (and three-ear knockoffs, of course).
>    I hope this note maybe fills a void and more importantly, I hope it
> finds you healthy and well provisioned.
>
> Rick, in far northwest Houston
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/grglmn@gmail.com

--000000000000e722a405a0fc40cd

uto">Lots of important things going on, but certainly a good time to be out=
 in the shed working on a car.=C2=A0 The old adage that it is better than s=
pending time at the bar or on the golf course are truer than ever.=C2=A0 I =
have the parts ready to put my Nissan R200 diff in the TR250, just decided =
lass=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon, Mar 16, =
2020, 9:04 AM Richard Lindsay via 6pack &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:6pack@autox.t=
gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-=
left:1ex"><div dir=3D"auto">Hello friends,<div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0As=
 Alex wrote, it is really quiet here. Perhaps this new flu has muted our co=
mments. Or maybe it&#39;s just quelled our desire to talk cars. I know I ha=
ve not felt much like twisting spanners....and I was supposed to be on a cr=
uise in Australia starting yesterday! Key words: supposed to be.</div><div =
dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0I started my TR6 yesterday and it fired right up =
and idled perfectly. That is, until it ran out of gas. I had put only a gal=
lon of fuel in the freshly reconditioned tank.</div><div dir=3D"auto">=C2=
=A0 =C2=A0My car is mostly done, with a little bit to be undone. A couple o=
f carpet bits on the driver&#39;s sill are yet to be cemented down and the =
upholstered bulkhead in front of the fuel tank waits to be attached. Doors =
and kick panels also need to be assembled.=C2=A0</div><div dir=3D"auto">=C2=
=A0 =C2=A0My efforts have been focused on the seats. Re-upholstery is time =
consuming especially if left half done in anticipation of a holiday! I need=
 to get back to work on that! And I need to remove the seat back upholstery=
 from one seat for a re-do. The underlying foam is distorted in a place or =
two. That&#39;s the re-do.</div><div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0I was given =
a set of four, 72 spoke wires with hub adapters and knockoffs! My car has t=
he more practical alloy slotted mags. They are freshly powder coated and sh=
od with new tires. I have found a source for hub adapters that will fit my =
Volvo 1800E project car, so I may fit it with these wires (and three-ear kn=
ockoffs, of course).</div><div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0I hope this note m=
aybe fills a void and more importantly, I hope it finds you healthy and wel=
k, in far northwest Houston</div></div>
rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer noreferr=
er" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>