Re: E-Bay Alpine Tiger Radio

To: oharajem@free.midcoast.com
Subject: Re: E-Bay Alpine Tiger Radio
From: Christopher.Albers@bubbs.biola.edu (Christopher Albers)
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 09:44:32 -0700
oharajem@free.midcoast.com writes:
>Chris, tell us more about your system. I'm specifically interested in
>what
>type and where you located speakers.
>Scott Donnelly
>SV

I have 5.25" Alpine combo speakers (mid & tweeter) up front.  The mids
are mounted in the kick panels in the foot well.  They are a perfect
fit into the holes in the scuttle.  The tweeters are mounted on the
surface, just below the crash pad at each end.  They look great there
(with the "alpine" name on them) and are hardly noticable.  In the back
I have 2-way 6x9 MTX speakers in removable boxes that cant the speakers
toward your head.  When I park the car, I take them out & lock 'em in
the boot.  I have a 10" MTX subwoofer in the boot just so I can hear
John Bonham and that killer kick drum of his.

The system is powered by a 450 watt MTX 5 channel amp (2 front, 2 rear,
1 sub).  It is mounted below the passenger seat and was the ONLY amp I
could find with 5 channels that would fit under there.  The Alpine 6 CD
changer is mounted behind the footwell panel on the passenger side.  I
hinged it for easy access.  The head unit is a cassette player with a
wireless remote.  I mounted it on the side of the radio box, below the
stock radio, in the footwell, so it is not easily visible to prying
eyes.  I can send you photos if you are interested.  I did this to
maintain a stock appearance and to also get some modern convenience (I
like my Led Zep LOUD).  I think it works very well.  Not wanting to
sound arrogant, but I never seen a better setup in an Alpine or Tiger.

CNA